For Halloween, everybody loves pumpkin carving! Sentosphere thought of a new DIY technique to avoid usine knives to create adorable decorations!
You will need:
- Small pumpkins
- Patarev clay of different colours
- Acrylic paints that you can find in our Colorizzy kits
- A paint brush
- A small sculpting knife
Steps to follow :
- Start by decorating your first pumpkin by painting a spider web, following the natural shape of the pumpkin.
- Connect all the stripes
- Once you finished the paint job, start modelling the spider with black Patarev clay. Make 2 balls : a big one for the body and a smaller one for the head. Assemble the head and the body.
- Make 8 small balls of the same size to create the spider legs.
- Turn the balls into small sausages by rolling them and adding them to the body.
- Make 2 small Patarev balls for the eyes, and place them on the head.
- To make the spider's smile, you can use the end of a small sculpting knife, that you can find in our Sablimage or Patarev kits. Just push it in the clay to print out the shape of the mouth.
- Leave your spider to dry on the pumpkin and you're done!
- Decorate your second pumpkin: use black acrylic paint to draw a jack-o-lantern face. Start by painting triangular eyes.
- You can then add a smile!
- Take red Patarev clay to model the horns of our demon pumpkin! Make 2 balls of the same size, and roll them on one side to make the spiky.
- Place the horns on the pumpkin and leave to dry.