Create silly puppets with Patarev and paper towel or toilet rolls!
Materials you will need:
- 1 roll of paper towels or toilet paper
- Acrylic paint (you can use the paint from our Colorizzy boxes)
- Twine or raffia
- 1 wooden stick
- Glue or scotch
Steps to follow :
- Start by doing two holes on each side of the roll so you can pass a twine through them to create the arms and legs. Then if you want to make a lion like us, take yellow acrylic paint and paint the whole body. Otherwise, you can use the color of your choice.
- Let dries, then paint the belly white.
- Once the paint is dry, pass twine for the arms, and another twine for the legs.
- Fold the top of the roll to narrow the neck and put some glue or tape to keep the shape.
- You can now start creating your puppet's head and limbs in Patarev! Start by creating a yellow ball.
- Add two small white balls for the muzzle.
- As well as two small white balls for the eyes.
- Add mini black balls to create the lion's nose as well as the pupils of the eyes.
- For the ears, make two yellow balls, flatten them, then add, in their center, small white balls. Place them and shape them on the lion's head.
- To form the mane, place lots of Patarev sausages all around the head.
- Make 4 balls for the legs, and shape them in the shape of a drop.
- Flatten them.
- Put the head and legs on the body you have already prepared.
- To secure the legs and the head, feel free to plut a small ball of fresh Patarev.
- Take thin twine and a wooden stick and cut 3 long pieces. Take the first piece, tie one end around the left wrist and the other on the left of the wand. Take the second piece, tie one end around the right wrist and the other to the right of the wand. Take the last piece, wrap it around the head (you can place it under the head before putting it on the body), and tie it in the center of the stick.
Your puppet is ready ! You can now do a puppet show and create more buddies ;)