Follow this easy tutorial to recycle your old glass jars with a little imagination, acrylic paint and Patarev clay!
You will need:
- 1 clean glass jar. To remove the label, let it soak in hot water. Once the label is removed, rub off the remaining glue with nail polish remover.
- Acrylic paint
- 1 paintbrush
- Patarev clay
Step by step instructions:
- Take the lid off the jar and paint it with the colour of your choice. If a second coat of acrylic paint is necessary, wait for the first one to dry before applying it.
- While the paint dries, start modelling the Patarev decorations for the lid. Our tutorial shows how to make bunny ears: You can make 2 white balls of the same size (if the balls are not the same size, the ears won't be either).
- Shape the 2 balls like bunny ears and add pink Patarev on it. (if you do not have pink Patarev, you can mix red and white Patarev, or paint the Patarev with acrylic once it has dried)
- Place the 2 ears on the lid of the jar and give them the shape you want. If they don't stick to the lid enough, do not hesitate to use a little bit of glue or double sided tape underneath.
You can personalise any glass jar you have at home if you liked this tutorial!